A few years ago, I organised a digital design competition based on the Scooby Doo sets. The old timers from Mecabricks may remember it. This year Mecabricks became a Recognized LEGO Online Community (RLOC) which allows us to receive support from the LEGO Group for activities. To celebrate this achievement I have decided to organise a new contest.
Participants shall select ONE of the official Speed Champions cars, build a diorama made of LEGO elements and produce a rendered image of the scene. Only the final image will be judged.
2. Submitting your entry
Image shall be posted in the render section, of the official set the car belongs to. Copy the link and post your entry in the designated Entry topic along with the image.
Entries shall be submitted by Sunday 20th May 2018 11:59pm UTC. Entries submitted after will not be considered.
4. Summary and Additional Rules
- Contest is open for all digital design tools and rendering software.
- Contest is open to all Mecabricks members except judges.
- Diorama and rendered image shall be made especially for this contest and shall not have been posted before on the internet.
- Only ONE official Speed Champions car is allowed in the scene. Other vehicles may be included but shall be original creations.
- Use of custom decals is allowed.
- Custom LEGO elements are not allowed.
- Scene shall be almost exclusively built with LEGO parts however, none LEGO elements like water, rocks, etc. are allowed in small quantities to make the landscape more interesting if required.
- No part count limitation.
- LEGO logo shall not be used in the image.
- Minimum resolution shall be 1920x1080 portrait or landscape.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entry may be updated up to the deadline. Do not post another entry but modify the image link instead.
- 1st - 75889 Ferrari Ultimate Garage
- 2nd - 75888 Porsche 911 RSR and 911 Turbo 3.0
- 3rd - 75886 Ferrari 488 Scuderia Corsa
Prizes have been donated by TLG however shipping to the winners is courtesy of Mecabricks.
Three Mecabricks power users will rank the entries according to three criteria:
- Stas: Diorama Build
- Zanna: Image Composition
- Renderbricks: Rendering technic
The entry will be judged and given a score being the average of the three judges on a scale of 0 to 10.