543 Posts
Not that I know of unless you put in a bit of work into it. The SSS radius and the bevel are about the only things that require the current scale I believe. If you add a math node (Multiply function), assuming you are wanting to work with the models say, a tenth of their current scale, set the lower value to 0.1 and multiply that for the final result of the SSS equation (there's a separate node group for it within the material system) and do something similar to the bevel node (just set the current value (0.350 I believe) to a tenth of the original). This should hopefully work. I had to do something similar for my custom Lego shader so that it works on multiple scales. winking face
8 Oct 2019, 20:58
Edited 8 Oct 2019, 20:58
2462 Posts
@Samino This is a start but not the full solution. There are many other node groups to scale in order to make the materials work properly. Besides this multiplier technic only works if you do not apply the scale and do not parent the object (unless parent scale is set to 1.0).

Materials are also instanced, therefore you cannot have objects with different scales sharing the same material.

These are some of the reasons why I do not recommend scaling as it will most certainly break user models which will be translated into complaints.

The best solution is to set the blend file unit properly to work in mm which is the Mecabricks unit. However Blender is not great at handling the unit scale. For example, DoF doesn't use the Unit Scale multiplier and you shall apply it yourself when you enter the F-Stop value...
8 Oct 2019, 21:31
Edited 8 Oct 2019, 21:33
543 Posts
True. There are a bunch of factors that keep this from being simple for the users of the add-on. Maybe with the new material overhaul update incoming you should try adding a scale slider (you could probably create a script/driver for that) for the material so the user can control the scale value of the shaders. I've done that with my shader, and it works perfectly.
Lego Salamandre Noire (Lego PBR Shader)
by -Samino-, on Flickr
8 Oct 2019, 23:42
Edited 8 Oct 2019, 23:42
2462 Posts
Not if you want even beginners to be able to use it. Drivers do not solve all cases.
It is likely that there will be a scale input in the next version. However, I will not advertise it and people will use it at their own risk. For optimization and to make it work with Eevee, each material will be built from multiple inputs during import. There won't be a library of base shaders like it is the case right now (e.g. mb_solid, etc).
9 Oct 2019, 01:05
543 Posts
So, there goes the replace the MB shader with your own shaders option. disappointed face It won't be possible to replace the materials.blend file with your own custom shaders in the next version I am guessing?
9 Oct 2019, 01:10
2462 Posts
Not as simple as what it is now.
9 Oct 2019, 01:24
543 Posts
So, would it still be possible to customize the materials (or the individual node groups)? The add-on makes it much easier on adding ones custom Lego shaders to the Mecabricks models instead of doing it manually.
9 Oct 2019, 01:53
74 Posts
When will the next update for the addon be? Cant wait smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes
29 Oct 2019, 20:22
2 Posts
Super noob question, and I hope it may not have been answered elsewhere, but does the High Resolution Minifigure automatically rig a minifigure exported from Mecabricks?

Ex, can I make a minifigure in Mecabricks, and then import that Mecabricks file into blender, with the figure already rigged & ready for animation.

Otherwise I may just have to rig things myself. smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes

Thanks for any help!
13 Nov 2019, 01:53
2462 Posts
@LegoPepper No. You can combine the Advanced Add-on and the HD Minifigure, but only the high resolution version of the parts will be imported, not any rig.
13 Nov 2019, 03:46
2 Posts
Got it. Thanks!
13 Nov 2019, 16:11
Page 23 of 23