233 Posts
I´m talking about adding a featue for your MOCs to add parts with own Decorations which are NOT from real TLG sets. Especially for minifigures it would be a cool part, I think. Just want to mention it.

And, sorry. "As an idea"
6 Feb 2017, 17:02
Edited 6 Feb 2017, 17:11
317 Posts
I asked this a while ago, and Scrubs doesn't want to have the library contaminated by non-official decals (which I find sensible, when I think about it). But you can still use your custom decals for your renders using Blender or any other 3d application.
6 Feb 2017, 19:38
3061 Posts
It is a lot of work to handle official decorations. If I add custom ones in the same way, it would be carnage
If it ever happens on day, it will have to be thought of very carefully.
6 Feb 2017, 19:56
2 Posts
I fully understand that MecaBricks library should not be contaminated with non-official decorations.

On the other way, does anyone have an workflow or explanation on how to use Blender to render your MOCs done with MecaBricks, with custom decorations?
I'm a completely noob with Blender and didn't find a tutorial here. Sorry if I overlooked something and missed it.
13 Feb 2019, 02:23
3061 Posts
Hello,
This is not too complicated once you understand the workflow.
- First, you need to draw you decorations as if they would go into Mecabricks, following the same rules https://www.mecabricks.com/en/forum/topic/630
- Then when you build your model in Mecabricks, use placeholders where your custom decorated parts will be. By placeholders, I mean the same element with a decoration that you will replace in Blender later.
- Once the model is imported in Blender with one of my addons, you will have to do manually what the program does automatically. To simplify this:
13 Feb 2019, 02:54
Edited 13 Feb 2019, 02:55
2 Posts
Many thanks Scrubs!
I'll definitely give it a try, soon!!

Wonder how to do it for elements where a decoration does not yet exist in Mecabricks, or when you want a contiguous decoration across multiple parts... but let's address one problem at a time!
13 Feb 2019, 13:19
Edited 13 Feb 2019, 13:24
48 Posts
Custom decorations should be a thing, just if someone goes to the workshop, they can only see their own, in a folder not in the library.
13 May 2019, 16:57
Page 1 of 1