700 Posts
Hey Cynaptic, what's your space setup? I tried to make one similar and it looked super fake.
20 Oct 2016, 23:15
21 Posts
@Masman Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been on since Friday because of Civilization VI

This is the HDRi https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4omQjoyRQdmYWZ0NG0zdndjNms/view?usp=sharing - can't remember where I found it. It's not actually HDR though - I bump the background strength up to 10 so the stars are bright enough to see.

Depth of field is to suit the size of the model and how much blur you want on the stars.

The lighting is from BlenderGuru Pro Lighting Studio - Sinful City setup @ 25% energy. But that's basically a strong area light to one side.
24 Oct 2016, 19:25
700 Posts
That's okay.
Thanks! Also, do you think you could update the pearlescent and metal shader template so it works with the updated workshop? I hope I'm not asking too much.
25 Oct 2016, 17:04
21 Posts
Should be able to do that today or tomorrow. I think the only difference is the replace.py script and maybe some of the colours.
25 Oct 2016, 23:16
700 Posts
Hi again, I tried appending the scripts from Template 1.8.5 into your template version and it worked. (See here.) It's actually a good thing you didn't do it, I learned about appending, which has proven to be quite useful!
19 Jan 2017, 21:56
21 Posts
@Masman I'm glad it's a good thing XD

I did update my template back then - I guess I forgot to upload it. Sorry.
4 Feb 2017, 01:45
700 Posts
That fine. I did notice there was a problem with my method though. It winds up boosting the roughness all the way up for some reason. However, I did try copying pieces from one window into another, changing nodes so that they were the default, and tried it, which seemed to work.
4 Feb 2017, 18:45
Page 2 of 2