128 Posts
Hi, thats not really what the addon is going to be made for. So there are no plans in the future to do what you have suggested. I hope you will be able to figure it out yourself!
2 Feb 2020, 19:08
128 Posts
Alright! The new update is out. I hope you will like it, make sure to report back to me here any bugs/ problems you have! Also feel free to suggest features.
2 Feb 2020, 22:38
11 Posts
I also have a question. Does it work with blender 2.8? Because my device doesn't support blender 2.81.
9 Feb 2020, 13:29
Edited 9 Feb 2020, 13:32
128 Posts
im not entirely sure, but I believe it would.
9 Feb 2020, 18:18
20 Posts
Hi, I just installed the update.
I am still struggling a bit, even after following Helos advice. The video looks nice but with Mecafig it is def not that easy. I didn't try to just import a figure yet from Mecabricks library.

So I have my MecaFic, I select the head, apply the face. The face then hovers over the head, far up and super large.
If I pair it now to the anchor.. the face ends of at the feet.
If I rotate it around x 90° it has the right orientation.. but still too big and far away.. so I scale it down and also move it down a bit.. till it looks somewhat ok.
Then I go to pose mode to parent it to the head bone. The Face gets lost again and I have to rescale and move again.

So to apply it is def harder and more work then I thought.. And I am not starting with plain figures I could then duplicate.. I got finished once with accessories.. so I got to do all these steps to each one.

And even once I have it places alright.. I still need to practice more how to control it. Was hoping for more in the pose library. The library only includes mouth shapes smiles and pronunciations.. right?

Just a little desperate right now and in need for help.
9 Feb 2020, 19:40
128 Posts
Ya sorry about the struggle of using it with mecafig. I do plan to include more in the pose library! I hope to make this compatible with mecafig soon. But I dont have the time to do so atm. Thanks! And hopefully helo helps you.
9 Feb 2020, 20:03
87 Posts
Hi,

@Max, you don't need to parent the MecaFace to the two bones. Just choose one of these two bones and parent it once.
@Citrine, I'll try to work ASAP on a tool to facilitate the setup with MecaFig if you're interested.
9 Feb 2020, 20:24
128 Posts
sure! That would be great
9 Feb 2020, 20:27
128 Posts
New version out, 1.0.3. The eyebrow colour section in the panel now shows again! Fixed some more bugs, there are now more poses in the pose library and has new realistic materials! Go download the latest version now.
1 Apr 2020, 22:07
128 Posts
New version is out, 1.0.4. It now works with MecaFig!
4 May 2020, 18:56
Page 2 of 2