20 Posts
Has something changed over the last week? Last week when I was adding new parts I could select a snapping point on an existing piece and the transform widget would snap to that point. The object however would not be selected. For the last few days when I do the same the object on screen gets selected. I prefer the previous behaviour because the previous behaviour allowed you to select a new colour and retain the widget position. Now I have to select the new colour first and then the snapping point. All well and good but I regularly forget to select the new colour.

Here's what I mean with the new behaviour. I'm adding a 1x1 brick. The base in the viewport gets selected when I click on the snapping dot. I don't want this. I just want the widget snapped to the dot.

https://youtu.be/zPPsorFuJEE
16 Jun 2019, 20:12
285 Posts
The base(Brick 4x6) gets selected when you click on any of it's snap points, has always been so I think, can't remember anything else after my two years using MB? When i build I almost always choose a snap point i want to connect my new part to first, then choose the part to add and then change the color.
16 Jun 2019, 20:37
2369 Posts
Nothing has changed. The little video describes exactly how it has always worked for years. When you add a new part, it gets selected. This is the most obvious behaviour. Otherwise you would loose parts very easily.
16 Jun 2019, 20:55
20 Posts
Thanks. Weird. Last week when I clicked the dot and it turned green the object didn't get highlighted red. I could then select a new colour and then add the new piece.
16 Jun 2019, 21:25
Page 1 of 1